Saturday 5 September 2009

A few choice words...

Namely, f@$king stitches!! Had a really good run last night, up until the 31 minute mark, when I had to quit rather abruptly due to a blinding pain in my gut. The run leading up to this began with a stretch, a 3 minute warm up, followed by a 14 minute run @ 11k/h, a 5 minute walk at 7 k/h, then an 8 minute run, again at 11k/h, all at incline "2". The stitch kicked in part way through the second lot of running, I tried to ignore it as long as possible but it just got worse. Aside from this, I'm quite pleased with how it went

I just cannot figure out what causes them. Initially I thought it could be dehydration, so I made sure I had a good drink a little while before starting. This didn't help, so I went the other way. Decided to not drink too much before starting, and limit my drinking whilst on the treadmill, yet this doesnt seem to have done the trick either.

On Monday I will be venturing outside for a little run. I've recruited an equally unfit friend to join me on this outing, and we will be going here...

Ardsley Reservoir, just a few miles down the road from me (which of course I will be driving to) and according to Map My Run is just under a mile and a half around, so me and said friend have said we'll do "a couple of laps", with a few walks in between I imagine. Note the ease of access via the local roads, this will be handy. For the ambulances. I wonder if you can book one in advance, like a taxi?

So readers (mum), I'll let you know on Monday how dead I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment