Wednesday 19 August 2009

Psychic Reading? I'm not sold.

A guy at the place I said I wouldn’t talk about considers himself to be somewhat of a Medium, and initially in attempt to make some money one the side, was offering email Tarot card readings for a small price. Getting nothing much by way of response, he then changed this offer to free of charge, to get some practise in. Being a tight fisted Northerner with the logic of "owt for nowt", and seeing an opportunity to confirm my beliefs without actually having to pay for the privilege, I put my name down. Here's what I received in response;

"Hi,

Ok so 5 minutes of time lets go for it ;)

I pulled 3 cards for you

1. 2 of swords.

Ok this card deals with balance in all things and kinda points in you wanting a better balance in life now this is not monetary balance (although it would be nice)

It also deals with a want for justice and you being very fair minded, now they say justice is blind although in your case I feel that you have thought that justice wasn’t only blind but pointing in the wrong direction.

2. 10 of pentacles.

Now this card looks at relationships and I kinda felt that you have been feeling as if you have been kind of given a cold shoulder and you want to turn the clock back to a time when you were happier. This is also a mystical card and shows that side of you that wants to know more about life in general. I am also sensing something of a deep question on your mind, something you have been asking yourself over and over.

3. 6 of wands.

Now this card is looking at a more physical side as I felt you have been kinda preparing yourself for combat, I sensed a verbal heated discussion where you could achieve no resolution and still kicking yourself for not phrasing things differently. Looking at this card it also shows a celebration approaching this I felt is a big celebration so something special there too.

Regards,"

I'm not convinced, I find myself trying to assign relevance to the reading, rather than the reading actually having relevance. Some of it may be along the right lines, but I'm sure the same could be said of just about anyone, it's quite generic, almost to the point of being given. Some of it has absolutely no relevance what so ever, or at least none that I can presently see. Some of it is just untrue. Although I try to remain open minded, I can't help feeling quite sceptical. I'm just glad I didn’t part with my hard earned cash!


Back on topic - I'm not feeling too confident about tonight's run (but then, I said this last night too, and look what happened there!), legs feel particularly tight today, I'm almost at limping point just walking around. I'll let you know how I get on later.

No comments:

Post a Comment