Tuesday 18 August 2009

So, when does it start getting easier?

Week 1, Day 2.
Yesterday I said something about being satisfied with myself. Today I'm definitely proud of myself. The reason for this sense of pride is simple: I was going to cancel tonight all together. I was feeling quite tired from yesterdays achievement, my legs have felt a little tired all day, just walking a flight of stairs was effort enough. Then a friend called asking if I fancied a pint. Does the Pope shit in the woods? (no, I don't get it either, but apparently it means yes).

I decided to cancel the invite of the pint, and at least do something on the treadmill, with the idea that doing a bit was better than doing nothing at all, but feeling tired, a bit hungry, and having a tight achilles tendon, I wasn't feeling too confident about managing the full 45 minutes, realistically I was expecting maybe 15 - 20 minutes. To my surprise and delight, I did it, the full 45minutes, no cheating or anything. God knows how, but I did.

Today was harder and easier than yesterday in equal proportions. Obviously feeling tired, it was more of a mental effort to get through than anything. On the plus side, no stitch today! I'm obviously going to have good days and bad days alike. Today was what I'd consider to be a good day. I'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment